The ability to successfully integrate acquired companies is often times ranked as the single most important factor influencing acquisition success. Failure, delays or under-performance in the achievement of the projected economies of scale and theoretical strengths of the combined organizations can decimate a merger’s value, triggering an exodus by employees, suppliers, customers and investors from which the combined company may never fully recover.
Our Merger Integration Approach
SummitPoint Management follows a structured and disciplined approach to executing post-merger integrations, carve-outs, joint ventures and alliances with clear strategic objectives, detailed implementation plans and a focus on creating and capturing value through the effective realization of synergies and/or separation benefits. We have a flawless track record in meeting or exceeding transaction expectations in both integration schedule and achievement of merger objectives. Our highly pragmatic approach is based on extensive experience supporting clients with:
- Benefit case review and implementation plan validation.
- Development of integration and/or separation blueprint.
- Development of detailed implementation plans and supporting financials.
- Coaching to the program director and key project managers.
- Planning and managing the discrete actions required to complete the deal and ensure business continuity day one and beyond.
- Planning and costing transition services agreements.
- Mobilizing and coordinating the project teams around a well-structured and managed program.
- Managing people issues and program communication.
All of these areas are supported by a comprehensive range of tools and methodologies designed to assist client management teams complete a successful integration.